What is the best way to clean my glasses?
It can be very tempting to simply wipe your lenses on a shirt, paper towel, or any other absorbent item. However, using rough fabrics can easily wear away at your anti-scratch coating, and then start to scratch your lenses themselves!
Here is a preferred way to clean your eyeglasses:
- Wash your hands thoroughly to get dirt and oils off them.
- Rinse your glasses beneath a gentle stream of lukewarm water to wash away debris that could get rubbed into your lenses otherwise. Never use saliva.
- Apply a lens cleaning solution that is safe for coated lenses. (If you do not have any, a small drop of lotion-free dishwashing liquid may do.)
- Gently rub both sides of the lenses, and don’t always neglect the frames as well. Hold your glasses by the nose while you do this, and not one of the stems.
- Rinse your glasses again and gently shake off excess water. Dry the frames with a clean cotton towel and the lenses with a no-lint, microfiber cloth. Do not use anything that has come in contact with a fabric softener or dryer sheets, as those chemicals may eat away at your protective coating.
- If any touch-ups need to be made, use lens cleaner or breathe gently onto the lens. Do not wipe a lens that is dry.
Please never hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions about care for your eyeglasses or contacts.